Single Sign-On (SSO) "login loop" when using M365 product
After changing your password you may encounter an issue when trying to access any of the M365 products (Word, Excel, OneDrive, etc.). The single sign-on (SSO) login prompt will be displayed and when you enter your credentials it will appear to work correctly but immediately or after a short while again ask you to login.
To resolve the issue you will need to disconnect and reconnect your account:
- In Windows, click Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school. Alternatively, you can do a task bar search for "Access work or school".
- If your school/work account appears in the list (see image below), click on your account and click the "Disconnect" button, then "Yes" to accept.
- If your school/work account does not appear on this page, skip to the next step.
- In the same "Access work or school" window, click "Connect" and enter your U of G email address.
- The SSO window should be displayed which will allow you to enter your username and password.
- After a successful login, you will be reconnected and the login loop issue will not recur. Please try opening and testing your Microsoft 365 desktop apps (Outlook, Teams, Word, etc) to ensure that you have regained access.