How to Install and License NVivo 2020 for Windows
1. Download and run the .exe installer from our Software Distribution site.
2. Select the language you would like to use for installation, then click OK.
3. At the welcome window, click Next.
4. Accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
5. Choose a destination folder to install NVivo into, then click Next.
6. Disable the NCapture prompt (or leave it enabled if you would like to install Ncapture as well), then click Next. If you are unsure if you will need this browser extension, please contact the Library for clarification.
7. Click Install to begin installing NVivo.
8. Once NVivo has been installed, click Finish to launch NVivo and begin licensing the software.
1. On the "Activate NVivo" page that appears, click "or provide enterprise key to activate".
2. Enter your license key, then agree to the license terms and click Next. Your license key is included with your order from our Software Distribution site and can be found in the order details.
3. Fill out the required License Activation information (with a red star - first name, last name, email address, and country), then click Activate.
4. Continue to begin using NVivo 2020!
If you have any questions or issues with the installation / licensing for NVivo, please reach out to the Help Centre at IThelp@uoguelph.ca or 519-824-4120 ext. 58888. Please include the following in your message:
- device details - personal vs. University-supplied device, operating system
- the step in this guide that you are having an issue with (if applicable)