JoinNow - Chromebook
- Connect to the uog-guest wireless network and open a web browser. If the registration page does not load in your browser, please type this website in the directly in the browser - neverssl.com. When the guest wifi page loads, scroll down to the section for Staff Faculty and students. In the first section of this page is a link to the "wireless auto configuration tool" . Select this link and you will be taken to a page to download the JoinNow configuration tool.
- Select Inline Install as your download source and then select the Install button.
- Select Add extension from the Add "JoinNow MultiOS" extension window that pops up.
- After the Chrome extension installs successfully, return to the JoinNow download page and enter your Central Login ID and Password and then select the Download button.
NOTE: You will need to change your password using our password change utility tool. If CCS has recently changed your password for you or you haven't changed your password before.
- Once you have successfully entered your credentials, wait on the loading screen until a window pops up to download a file.
- Download the "SecureW2.onc" file by selecting the blue Save button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Once the file has downloaded, a new tab should automatically open in your browser. Select the newly opened tab.
- Select Choose File in the Import ONC file section of the newly opened tab. If the page does not load, type the following directly into the browser - chrome://net-internals/#chromeos
(Note: the page has since been changed and the screenshot below is out of date, but the general steps still apply)
- Import the "SecureW2.onc" file that we downloaded in step 6. Once it is highlighted in the file browser, select Open.
- Once the "SecureW2.onc" file has been imported into the JoinNow tool, you should now be connected to uog-wifi-secure! If you do not connect automatically, please try manually selecting the uog-wifi-secure network in your Wifi settings.
If you are experiencing issues, please do not hesitate to contact the CCS Help Center at x58888 or visit the IT Help Desk located on the first floor of the library for assistance in connecting your Chromebook to the wireless network using JoinNow.
Was this information helpful?
Thank you Your feedback helps us to continually improve our content.
© 2005 - 2023 ProProfs