Minimum Requirements For Eduroam
- An 802.11a/g/n/ac/ax wireless network card that supports WPA2 Enterprise
- Check with your vendor to see if your wireless network card supports WPA2 Enterprise.
- You can also check with the Wi-Fi Alliance to see a list of cards that support WPA2 Enterprise.
- Administrator privileges on the wireless device you are configuring.
- You should be signed in with the local Administrator account, or an account that is a member of the computer's Administrator group.
- Start / Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network Sharing Center / Connect to a network / Wireless
- Select eduroam network and click Connect.
- A Network Authentication screen will appear asking for your credentials; enter your full email address with domain and password associated with your institution. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org and password as the credentials.
- Windows will ask you to validate the server certificate. Under details, you will see acs-annu.net.uoguelph.ca. Click on Connect to continue.
- Windows will ask you to select the location of the network. Save the network as Public Network. You are now connected to eduroam network successfully.
Go to this page https://cat.eduroam.org/ and download the installer for your machine. The steps will be the same as for Android devices.
Go to this page https://cat.eduroam.org/ and download the Installer for your machine. The steps to install the CAT profile will be similar to the steps on this page - https://www.keele.ac.uk/it/wireless/chromebook/chromebookeduroamonc/
- Please search for “eduroam CAT” in Play Store
- Once you have it installed, please select the profile of the Institution you belong to and get connected to eduroam.
- Please visit here: Eduroam-CAT
- On the website, please search for the profile of the Institution you belong to and download it.
- Once the profile is installed, you should be ready to get connected to eduroam.
- You may verify the certificates once you have successfully logged in. Right-click on the connected network and select properties.
- Select the Security tab. Ensure under network authentication method: Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) is selected and click on settings, Verify the following:
- Connect to these servers: acs-annu.net.uoguelph.ca
- Trusted Root Certification Authorities: Entrust Root Certification Authority