How to Install ArcGIS Pro 2.8 (Students)
All users using ArcGIS Pro will need to first request an ArcGIS Online account before downloading and installing the software: https://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/using-library/book-appointments/working-data-request
All users must use their University of Guelph email address and will need to provide their academic status at UofG in their request (student, staff, faculty etc.). They will receive an email to their University of Guelph email account from the ArcGIS Online system with their account details when the account is created.
Instructors planning for their class to access the software need to send a request with a minimum of 5 days' notice and they will be provided with the required formatting for their class list so that class accounts can be created.
1. Download and run the .exe file from our Software Distribution site (ArcGISPro... .exe).
2. In the window that appears, choose a location to extract the package files to (this is not the final installation folder for ArcGIS - only for the files needed to install the program), then click Next.
3. Once the installation files have been extracted, keep "Launch the setup program" enabled and click Close to open the installer.
1. When the ArcGIS Setup window appears, click Next.
3. Accept the Master Agreement, then click Next.
4. At the Installation Context page, select "Anyone who uses this computer", then click Next.
5. Choose the features that you would like to install, then click Next. To add a feature to the installation, click the dropdown menu on the left of each feature and select "This feature will be installed on local hard drive".
6. Select or deselect the checkbox for participating in the Esri User Experience Improvement program, then select Install. If you are unsure about participating in the program, please reach out to the Library for clarification.
7. Once ArcGIS Pro has been installed, leave "Run ArcGIS Pro now" selected, then click Finish.
Authorization / Licensing
This part of the guide requires that you have an ArcGIS login created by request via the library. Please see the link at the top of the page to submit a request for an ArcGIS account to continue with activating ArcGIS Pro.
In the ArcGIS Sign In window that appears, enter your ArcGIS login information provided by the library as mentioned above. You can now start using ArcGIS Pro!
If you have any questions or issues with the installation / licensing for ArcGIS, please reach out to the Help Centre at IThelp@uoguelph.ca or 519-824-4120 ext. 58888. Please include the following in your message:
- device details - personal vs. University-supplied device, operating system
- the step in this guide that you are having an issue with (if applicable)